Shinde Hajimaru Chapter 1

Awakening of a maiden


For what purpose does human go to sleep? To rest, or to sorting out memories? Is that all?

Among them there are also people who take sleeping as a hobby, they sleep because they have free time. Although, there are people who can not sleep as they wish. People suffering from pain, or illness for example. Think about it that way, then healthy people who can sleep at ease are really granted a great fortune.



That's what I would say when I want to use a polite way to speak...

“I don't recognize this ceiling...”

There is no meaning particularly.

I realized that I was sleeping in an unknown room. Was I kidnapped?? Scary~~!
... Anyway, jokes aside...

Being completely ignorant of the situation, I frantically moved my head around, trying to recall the memories up to this moment.

But, because there may be some disturbance in my body, I couldn't do that properly. I accidentally let out a question.

“...How did I ended up here?...

............

Ah—ahh--- mic test, mic test.

.........!!!??”

Is this my voice? It sounds really childish.

How can this happen? Certainly in my previous life, my voice was on the higher side, but never this childish.

....... previous life....?

...ah... now I remembered...

Now I'm taken back to sane...

Surely, I has been reborn to kinda another world, and then suddenly suffered from an unknown irrational disease, and then lost my consciousness.

...Yeah, even after saying so myself, that still isn't making any sense...

This development has broken up too many logic, to the point that I don't feel surprised anymore. Well, I has known more or less about reincarnating. Doesn't that appear a lot in religious? But to think that it really exists, that was a little unexpected... Even more when crossing through worlds...

Back to the main topic.

As I realized just now, it's like I'm able to speak. And a language that doesn't exists on earth at that.

And my voice is so childish.

Somehow I hate this feeling... Speaking a language that I'm not supposed to understand, leaving aside Japanese that I had always used. Even the thought inside my head is not Japanese...

Yeah... this feels sick...

But it's no good thinking about that anyway...

All right, let's think about the positive way. I can speak fluently without preparing the words. This must be benefit of reincarnation, this happens quite a lot in novels.

Let's leave it at that.

Come back to confirming the current situation.

For how long had I gone to sleep, after I lost my consciousness? I became able to speak, this body must have grown up quite a lot...

After the day I died, I reincarnated directly to a body that wasn't able to move freely, like that of a baby. Obviously I had grown up since then, and an amount that can not be covered in a or two years. Did I sleep the whole time?... *Batan* … batan...? What's that sound?

“........ ?!?! ... A...Alice???”

...Alice? Who's that?...

There is no one beside me currently in this room, right? So Alice is my name now...? Sounds like that of a girl...

...Eh? If I'm not wrong, then in the conversation I heard before I collapsed, something was like “both - of - them - are - lovely - girl”...

Somehow I have a really bad premonition... one that I really wish doesn't come true...

Anyway, I have to confirm it...

A woman was standing next to the door, I didn't noticed her entering. She looks like crying, but at the same time her expression was filled with happiness, seems like something was in her mind, as she crooked her head.

To clear out this disturbing feeling, I reached my hand to the place where my precious partner stayed with me in the last 17 years of my past life...

The comrade of mine! who I didn't even have a chance to fight with him together!! … is not there...

Eh... Ehhh?!! What happened?? Had he fallen in a battle I didn't know?? No!! He haven't fought even one battle, so why did he got promoted to another rank...

No, calm down, me... There is still chance that I was wrong! Isn't there still a place where I haven't checked?? Yeah! It's not like I'm concluded to be a girl!

To the place intended... the place where I can confirm if my body is of a girl or not... in other word, my chest. I moved my hands there...

“Kyaaa~~~!!”

What's happened??

An explosive screaming voice reached my ears. I moved my eyes, looking for the woman standing by the door before... and there...

“Am I fatigued to that extend? Or maybe the shock in the mind made up some illusion...”

There was absolutely nothing in that direction. Nothing. Not any door, or walls.

No, it's a lie saying there was nothing. In the direction where the door was, now filled my vision was a pretty woman with beautiful silver hair stretched to her back, her eyes was obsidian-like black pupils seems becoming transparent with tears flowing out as she fixed her eyes on me...

Now I realized... I accidentally used honorific when I was too agitated. And more important, this woman, I can recognize her...

“Alice~!!”

Wah!

“I thought that there was no hope left... Right after the moment you're born, you suffered from magic power exhaustion... It has been 4 years... Oh! Thank goodness!”

I still can't grasp the situation at once... let's arrange the established facts again...

1. I was reincarnated, into another world. There is no doubt about that, things like magic exists here.

2. I fainted right after birth, the reason seems to be exhaustion of magic power.

3. This reincarnated body seems to be a girl... Yeah, let's give up on this. There is nothing I can do about that anyway... I know I was said my appearance was like a girl a lot, but to make me a real girl...

4. From the moment I lost consciousness to now, 4 years have passed, it seems. So that's why I has grown so much... Whether my body is healthy now, that I have to wait to confirm later.

Well, looking at how it was, this beautiful woman is my mother, maybe? She was embracing me after I was born anyway.

Then, the other baby I saw was my sister? And the good-looking man who held her was my father?

Although it took quite a time for me to understand, that wasn't too long, right? I was extremely confused anyway... so it can't be helped. I think there would be no one who could keep calm in my situation.

So... now...

I think there is one thing I have to do.

“...Mother... I'm back.”

“~~~! ...W...whelcome home!”

From my mother who is crying as she hugged me, making her feel relieved has the highest priority, doesn't it?

That day, the story of mine, silently started.

The world's flow is changing leniently.

The world's time is moving slowly.

The world's space is distorting gradually .

The world's axis is bending silently.

And the new world is moving, too.

The perishing world is in the same manner.

Human are being replaced, inhuman things also the same.

Of all things that exists, nothing can stop moving.

Now, at this condensed moment, the move started.

This is an end.

This is a beginning.

It has begun.

12 comments:

  1. So the mother will not ask why her daughter can speek normally when she was in a coma since birth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You expect too much from a light novel.

      Delete
    2. Yeah. That's really bugging me as well.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. YAY!!! Thanks so much for all your hard work!!! I'm so glad the internets led me here~~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am I the only one that got amused at all the different ways that she expressed "It has begun" ? Now I feel lonely....

    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finding the words for that part was pretty hard to me :))

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the chapter ;D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is there no door?....what happened to the room? Im confused by that part

    ReplyDelete
  7. His precious comrade of his past 17 years is gone! Damn, this is already becoming a serious tragedy!

    ReplyDelete